Poet Tree and a freebie


We started working on poetry today.  I began by reading aloud the poem Shout from the book Shout! Little Poems that Roar by Brod Bagert.  This poem talks about how poems have rhythm and beat and silky sounds and that poems tell a story.  We then made a poetry (poet tree) anchor chart on the promethean board.  This was inspired by Life in First Grade.  Click to see her link.
Click above to go to Amazon.

I have been taking pictures of my anchor charts and putting them in plastic sleeves for a binder.  I can't remember whose blog I saw this in.  If you know let me know and I'll give credit.  It is working great because I have cinder block walls and tape will not stick and the chart paper is too flimsy to stay up other ways.  What a space saver too!!  I took a picture but can't get it off my camera - ugh. I'll keep working at it. Here's a copy of the cover sheet I made for the binder.  Click Here!


We started working on writing couplets today and clapping out the rhythms on on our legs.  They did a great job.  I used Evan-Moor Take It to Your Seat - Writing Centers for inspiration.  Tomorrow they will start working on their own.  They come in other grade levels.  I've laminated them for durability.  I love the response sheets they have.  Click on the book to go to Evan-Moor.

This isn't the neatest board work but they came up with rhymes.  We had to stop and they said awww can we do more!  Gotta love when they're inspired to work!!




1 comment

  1. I LOVE your anchor charts binder! This will save me so much time and brain power. Thank you! :)

    Casey
    Second Grade Math Maniac Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...