Author's Purpose

I just love the PIE idea that is floating around the blogs about Author's Purpose!  There are a lot of great freebies out there!  So I didn't need to invent my own plans this week!  What a time saver!  I love our sharing community!

Persuasion
Information
Entertainment

I chose a book for each purpose to share with the kids this week.

Persuasion - Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus


  • Did the author try to convince me?
  • Did the author want to change my opinion?

Information - There's No Place Like Space (Dr. Seuss book) by Tish Rabe
  • Did the author give me facts?
  • Did the author try to teach me something?







Entertainment - There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves
  • Did the author try to make me laugh?
  • Did the author want to tell me a story?
  • Did the author try to amuse me?





I plan to keep a chart on all the books we read for the next few weeks and mark down the author's purpose for all of them.  That should help sink in the concept!!


No comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...