I chose a book for each purpose to share with the kids this week.
Persuasion - Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus
- Did the author try to convince me?
- Did the author want to change my opinion?
Information - There's No Place Like Space (Dr. Seuss book) by Tish Rabe
- Did the author give me facts?
- Did the author try to teach me something?
Entertainment - There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves
- Did the author try to make me laugh?
- Did the author want to tell me a story?
- Did the author try to amuse me?
I plan to keep a chart on all the books we read for the next few weeks and mark down the author's purpose for all of them. That should help sink in the concept!!