Vocab Center - Multiple Meanings

This week the students had fun looking up a word in the dictionary and looking for multiple meanings of the word.  I loved when they told me their word wasn't in any dictionary they looked in!!

Using a 9x12 piece of construction paper fold it in half short of an inch from the bottom.  This leaves space for the vocab word. 

Then cut a slit to the fold so the student will have 2 flaps.

The student writes two different definitions for the word after they look it up in the dictionary.  On the top of the flap they write the part of speech (noun, verb, etc.)

Students illustrate the two meanings on the front of the flap book.


I pre-made all the flap books and programmed them with words of my choice so I knew they had multiple meanings.  The words varied in difficulty.

Such an easy center to put together and the kids loved it!

No comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...