Literature Foundations: Interrupting Chicken


I just happened across this book and it's so cute!  Little Red Chicken is always interrupting his Papa when Papa's telling a story because he doesn't like the path the story is taking.

I'm going to read this with the class next week and discuss how frustrating it can be when we are interrupted. Hopefully it will inspire a bit of respect for listening.

We will also be working on collective nouns, beginning, middle and end, and writing fairy tales.  We are also going to read a close reading article on fairy tales.


I'm excited about this unit because I am working on having a small amount of time devoted to whole group reading and spend more time in guided reading.  These reading lessons will take 20-30 minutes each day.  I will be able to address fiction and nonfiction each week, read aloud to demonstrate fluency and dive deep into the nonfiction passage!  I'm hoping to continue this method throughout the year with a different book each week!





No comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...