Colored Salt for Letter Practice

I am so excited for the kiddos to start using my colored salt to practice their letter and number formation.

I bought the cheapest salt at Walmart!
  1. Pour the salt into a large ziplock bag.
  2. Use liquid food coloring to get the color you desire.  I made orange and aqua.  I followed the ratios on the back of the box. (I used about four servings of the ratio amount.)
  3. Seal the bag and work the color throughout the salt.  It felt really cool.  I bet the kids would love to mix the salt too.
  4. Let dry!

Place the salt in a tray or I am using a school box.  Try to find a box that doesn't have any openings or the salt can seep out and that's a mess you don't want.

Students lay a card in the lid of the box and draw the letter with their finger.  Encourage them to say the sound of the letter as they are writing it in the sand!


No comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...