Kindergarten Classroom Reveal 2018

This is my first year teaching kindergarten after teaching for over 25 years!  Not sure if I'm ready for this but I think my room is.  (...are we ever ready?)


My favorite spot! The library!  On the black shelf I have all my books organized by categories such as pets, snakes, cars etc... These boxes will be off limits to the students.  I may cover them with a curtain.  Their book boxes are on the green shelf.  Every week we will book shop for new books and I will choose a few of the theme boxes at the a time.  I've always let the students use all the boxes and boy do they make a mess!  Since this is my first time with Kdg I decided less is best!  



Do you see Pete the Cat on the shelf?  Go to Kohl's and get yours!  So cute! 
$5 and the money goes toward Kohl's Cares!

Writing and Art Center

I'm still working on labeling all of these!  Time consuming but important!

Kitchen Area

Exploration Area
This includes cars, dolls, tools, puzzles, Legos and more!


Carpet Area - forgot to take a picture before Back to School Night so I have all the bags of supplies on the bench!  I guess I have some work to do!

Calendar Wall

I've been using these work displays for two years and I absolutely love them.  I had to hang them lower this year so the kindergartners are able to reach them.  That's why they are at the bottom of the board!  



Another teacher gifted me this shelf!  Isn't it the cutest!
This is my ABC center.  Right now I have my HTOs blocks on top until I can find them a permanent home for math supplies.  I'm starting to run out of room!

Word Wall and Student Books

The kiddos enjoyed adding their name to our first "Anchor" chart.  I will be using this the first week to show them how many students start with a certain letter!

Love my new caddies from Walmart!  Great price and awesome color!
Their crayons are in a ziplock small container with their name on the top.









No comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...