If You Give a Dog a Donut

Our class won a donut party and our principal came to read to our class.  This week we focused on the Laura Numeroff stories.  On Thursday we read If You Give a Dog a Donut so the donuts were a perfect fit!  One of the best parts is she read two books and let me get some work done!  She's the best!  Thank you, Mrs. Zackery!

 

I loved how she worked with picture clues with the students and she used predicting throughout the book.  The kids had some great predictions.  We predicted that she might make a book about a snake since it's in the pig book and the dog was in the book also.  With all her books I could spend a month!



These are the mice they made this week.  It's part of my unit I'm working on getting ready to share.  One of my boys told me that he loved this week and all the projects were fun!  Boy that sure makes you feel good about all the work you put into planning things!!

3 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...