Popcorn Unit and a Freebie!

Wow - I just love this unit!  What's not to love about popcorn!

It all began with the /or/ sound and ballooned into a full week of ideas.  I developed poetry, creative writing, punctuation pop, equivalent name boxes and more!


I use the book The Popcorn Dragon by Jane Thayer.

For this book I've included a vocabulary worksheet and two graphic organizers to work on the comprehension skill for cause and effect and beginning, middle and end.  After you read the book there is a fun creative writing activity.  There is also a fun five senses activity using popping popcorn!  Who can resist the smell of popping popcorn!

Areas of differentiation include a math center that has three levels of addition and subtraction problems.  These could be used in intervention, in small group or independently in your tubs.  For writing I have included a few different levels that you can choose from.  Including two levels of /or/ words.



Try a page out for free and let me know what you think!


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...