Meet the Teacher

Fellow bloggers and teachers are linking together with a blog of Meet the Teacher.  Click below to meet over 140 teachers!

 
~Meet the Teacher~
I'm 40 years old and married to an almost 40 year old!  We're both heading downhill!  Just kidding!  My kids keep me lively!  We have adopted all of our 5 children.  Yes, five!  It's addicting!  The kids want another to make the famiy count even but I'm not up to that anymore ~ I did mention I'm 40!  We have 2 girls and 3 boys.  Ages 10, 9, 8, 5, and 2!!
 
I've been teaching for 18 years.  I've taught K-8 in special education and I've taught second and first grade in general education!  I love teaching and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about my classroom.  I've been teaching for local colleges and it's a new found love.
Now for the Q & A

Q: What would you be doing if you weren’t a teacher?
I would love to write books for teachers.  I've tried it a little in my free time but I need more time to devote to it.
Q:  What are your hobbies?
I love to read, watch movies and scrapbook

Q:  When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I always played school so probably a teacher.  I thought about being a pediatrician but didn't want to deal with sick kids (so why did I become a teacher!)

Q:  What are your guilty pleasures?
Chips and Dip or Salsa, Watching Law and Order nonstop and sleeping in!

Q: What is your biggest fear?
My parents not being around anymore. 

Q: When you're on vacation, where do you like to go?
I'm not really that picky as long as I can enjoy it with my family.

Q:  What's the best advice you've ever got?
When my husband and I were going through fertility problems, our pastor told us that God has big plans for us!  That was true!

Q:  What do you value most in others?
Love that is freely given!

Q:  If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to your kids, what would it be?
Work ethics!

Q:  If you could have lunch with anyone in the world...living or dead... who would it be?
I would love to eat one last time with my grandma!  She sure knew how to make me laugh and feel loved!

Now tell us one random thing about yourself.
I've sold Tupperware, Creative Memories and Home and Garden.  I think I like the discount!

Now it's your turn to add your information to the Linky!  Try to visit at least 3 other teacher's sites.

No comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...