Anchor Chart

We've been working on adjectives so we made this anchor chart.


In the box I drew a noun.  I drew a frog because we were reading Frog and Toad books.  

Then we came up with adjectives to describe the frog.  We talked about how the adjective long described his tongue but not all of him.  

First I drew arrows the the adjectives showing that the frog is all five of these things.  Then one of my students suggested we draw the arrow back to show that these words describe a frog.  Great thinking!!  We then came up orally with a sentence that used one adjective.  (The frog is cute) and (The cute frog was my pet.)  This showed how to use the adjective in two different spots.  

Then we used two, three, four and finally all five which we wrote down.  Then each student visualized what they wanted to draw.  Then shared the idea quickly with their neighbor and then went to draw it on their own sheet that looks a lot like the anchor chart.  My co-worker made it up so I will have to ask her if she's willing to let me share.  Lots of fun, descriptive sentences came from this activity!!

5 comments

  1. What a fun learning experience to go with the Frog and Toad series! I'm keeping this idea! Thanks for sharing.

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it and Frog and Toad is a favorite!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute. Thanks for sharing and linking up!

    Ms. M
    Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5 kids!!! oh my goodness.
    Sorry just trying to wrap my head around your busyness. I am so appreciative of your feedback on my house pics. I am home from the 4 o clock showing...fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...