Exploding Paint Bags!


In Science Sleuths we had a blast with Exploding Paint Bags!  I found a lot of posts about this on different pinterest sites.  I ended up kind of doing my own thing.

I used about 1/3 cup of vinegar in a zip-lock baggie.  Then I asked the kids what color they wanted.  I used tempera paint.  I put a squirt in each one.  They mixed it up.

I started with the idea of putting the baking soda on a paper towel square and folding it up like a present and then you pop the whole thing in the bag.   This did not allow enough of the baking soda to make contact with the vinegar quick enough.  The bag expanded but did not blow up.

So... we shook the baking soda out into the bags and bang!  They exploded.  The ones that made a smaller pop I believe didn't shake it all in.  I used about 2 Tablespoons.  We put them on poster board!  Look for a flat spot so you don't have running paint although that looked pretty cool too!  Actually better!

They want to do this again!

Please pin this and follow me on Bloglovin for more great fun!

No comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...