Back-to-School Fright from the Black Lagoon

Do you love the Teacher from the Black Lagoon books?
I do and so do my students.

 
I started reading the chapter books that Mike Thaler wrote.  These are short books and won't take too long to read.  I read multiple chapters at a time.
 
I'm going to read Back-to-School Fright the first week of school this year.

Click book to go to Amazon
 
http://www.amazon.com/Back---School-Fright-Lagoon-Adventures-ebook/dp/B00HDL63KA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440300367&sr=8-1&keywords=back+to+school+fright&pebp=1440300388482&perid=0KQQTMS29VY1JE3JE87P
 
It's such a funny story about Herbie who really doesn't want to come back to school.  I bet a few kids can make some great connections to this book so I've included a worksheet for them to write about it.
 
http://www.amazon.com/Back---School-Fright-Lagoon-Adventures-ebook/dp/B00HDL63KA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440300367&sr=8-1&keywords=back+to+school+fright&pebp=1440300388482&perid=0KQQTMS29VY1JE3JE87P
 
Check out the other pages for this Literature Companion.  Click on the worksheet.
Included are pages for vocabulary, writing, text connections, idioms, story elements and reading responses.  I hope it's helpful to the beginning of your year.
 
Have a great start to your year.  I get to get into my classroom for the first time this summer on Monday!  Wish me luck!
 
 
 

No comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...