Writing Biographies - Part 3 Research


Part 3


After we have spent two days exploring biographies and reading an example together, it's time to get started with researching their person.  I display this anchor chart and also give each student their own copy for their writing folders.  Anchor chart is included in the Complete Writing Unit.

You can have partners or they can choose to work independently.  I've done it both ways in the past.

I model to the students reading my biography aloud and adding post-it notes where I found key details.  



This recording sheet is a simple version to use and also a quick version if you do not have a lot of time.  This could also be used for a final report if you're short on time.

These are the two recording sheets that I use in second grade.  It requires them to research more about their person.

Previous Posts




No comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...