Taking Care of Me!!

 I have been a terrible blogger!  Covid kicked my *** and had some big personal things going on in my life!  Well, while I was gone I was taking care of me and I recommend this advice to everyone! I actually made my personal educational goal about my health!  See...  I was 321 pounds! I hated to type that out!  Wearing the mask all day and teaching was a personal hell.  I couldn't breath, I was sweating all the time and my heart rate would spike just to walk the class to music!  Enough of this - it was time for a change!  


This was me August 2022.  I started a little TikTok Challenge to get myself moving.  I made it about 9 days,  I didn't make it through the recording of the 30 days because I actually joined a gym instead.


That was the beginning of my journey!  I started following Corinne Crabtree with NO BS Diet!  She taught me to stop eating like an asshole!  

Eat When You're Hungry!
Stop When You're Full!

I journaled!
I kept track of my food!
I exercised!

I loved listening to her podcasts!  Check her out!



August 2022
December 2022

Then I started meeting with a doctor to work on my weight!  Many of my friends were taking Ozempic but I was not prediabetic so my insurance wouldn't support that.  I was very frustrated!  But in the end it was for the best.  I have heard that you will need to be on that medication forever to keep the weight off.  Plus there were a lot of side effects.   My doctor did prescribe an appetite suppressant. I met with her monthly.   She was very pleased with my progress.  She said it is a tool and I need to use it.  So I needed to eat high protein and exercise so that is what I did!  

February 2023
Down 44 pounds!



April 2023
Down 60 pounds!
Even had sinus surgery!


July 2023
80 pounds gone!!
I am feeling so good!!






August 2022
85 pounds down!
Buying new clothes to go back to school!! Yahoo!!!




That brings us to today!  220 pounds!  101 pounds gone!!
I'd love to tell you it was easy!  Some days were better than others!  
I gave up soda and treats but honestly didn't miss them!
I learned to like water!  I would love to get one of those soda streams!  I like the fizzies!

I have been doing things I haven't done in a long time.  Swim every day of the summer, went to a water park, walk up the stairs without having a heart attack, stopped sweating so much and have been dating!!

Things that are not so fun with weight loss....extra skin, (but I'll take this any day than being overweight) and hair loss!  That will have to be another blog post!  

So that has been my journey... so Little Priorities took a backseat for awhile and that is ok. 
I am 53 years old and am finally learning priorities in my life!  
Our littles in our classroom are important but they cannot be our only priorities.  
Life has to have a balance and it's ok to put yourself first!



No comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...