I love my book boxes. I bought these from Really Good Stuff three years ago. They are holding up very well. They should for the price! I love the colors!
This year I numbered all the boxes rather than write their name on the box label. That way I won't have to do it again next year! Time Saver!
This is what I put in their book boxes.
1) Phonics Phone
- Red ones are from Lakeshore Learning. I had a Donor's Choose project and had them donated to me.
- PVC pipe
- One large elbow
- Two piece hooked together
2) Reader's Bag -
- Popsicle Stick for pointing.
- Highlighter Plastic Bookmark
- Retelling Hand Card
- Somebody... Wanted...But...So...Then... Anchor cards on a ring (Smekens)
- Index card with highlighter tape and post-it notes
3) Large Ziplock bag to hold paper readers that they get during small group.
4) Of course - Books! I let them have 8 books at a time. I have to monitor this. They love to collect books! Especially if they are the new books or book of the week!